Making the Sweetie Dress

Okay today I will be making the Sweetie Dress by: Jadepixel.
If you fallow her direction then the dress will come out fitting a DD with a mid bust. But I am hard headed so I did it my way. The dress I will be making fits the DD with a large bust. This is a easy dress to make. I would give this a 3 out of 10 in defaulty.








Ok to start with here are some thing you will need.



















Start by cutting out the pattern.
















Lay out your cloth and mark 6cm from the edge. then mark 80cm to make a long rectangle. You can go on and cut this part out.














Next I lay out the parts that I will need. I folded the cloth in half ( good to good sides) that way I can get the two part in one go.















Same thing was done here.
















Here are all my parts. Ill start with white see how I will be in red most of the time.















Sew the sides to the front ( I started by lining up the top and worked my way to the bottom)
















Then sew the backs to the sides ( this time I lined up the bottom edges and worked my way to the top)














Sew the sides to the front ( I started by lining up the top and worked my way to the bottom)
















Then sew the backs to the sides ( this time I lined up the bottom edges and worked my way to the top)















I placed good side to good side and sewed them together.

















I then turned it inside out bring the good side out and bad side in.














Ok time to work on the ruffle part. I pined it to 2.5cm (1 inch) then sewed a line













After I sewed my hem I set my sewing machine to its longest stitch. and when ahead and change the bobbin to a different color.Just to make thing easier. Make sure to leave the tails long. ( I like to tie a knot in the threads at the other end form where I start to gather. It makes it easier for me)










Gather till it is the with of the dress. Next place good to good side at the bottom of dress ( note your two gathering stitches should be at the bottom. You may want to pin it in place.) Next sew between your two gathering stitches. once done you can remove the gathering stitches.










With all that done it should look something like this. Now you can add your Velcro or what ever you plan to hold the back together.
















Done. Time to try it on. I did not sew the tuck in the back because I want to see if it the dress would fit on a DD with a large bust. So today's model is going to be Lucy.













It looks like it fits just fine. Lets see if we can make it look better.

























Not to bad. just add a belt and some shoes.


























Here is what it look like from the back.















Me: Well Lucy what do you think.
Lucy: Its about time you started making me some outfits.

Me: Cant win for losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment