Making the Simple Dress

This is the Simple dress for DD that Jadepixel came up with. This is how I made the dress. It may not be the right way but it works for me.






First things first. Got to getthe things I need to start making the dress. Most people that sew know why I have so many scissors. The blue is only for cutting paper. ( I have 15 sets to cut different types of paper)  The orange sets are for cutting cloth only.
















Next I cut the pattern out and label the parts.
















Next  fold it in half ( good side to good side) and trace the pattern.











































































OK now that I have all the parts its time to get some help.















Me: Emily can you help me make this new dress.
Emily: Sure thing.
















Emily: Here Emil is this the fist pair you are going to sew.
Me: Yes it is thank you.
















I put the to parts together ( good to good) I put the dress front on top and start at the bottom and work my way up. making the edges line up.




















































Emily: Here Emil this is the last part of the dress.
Me: Thanks.

















OK just repeat like the other side. This is before it got hemmed up.
















This is after being hemmed





































OK time for the top. It is the same as the dress. Here is where I started to sew.


















Here is the turn to make the edges mach.




































It comes out like this.
















Time for the bust part.





































OK time or a test fit.















Emily: Do I have to.
Me: If you don't mind.
Emily: OK.



















OK I'll see what I need to do. Hold on a sec.











Me: Hows that.
Emily: Its a little snug in the wast.
Me: It could be those cookies you keep sneaking.
Emily:  (making a mad face)  It is not! Can you fix it plz.
Me: Okay I am just picking.














Me: Hows that.
Emily: much better.













Me: Ok Emily can you hold your arms up so I can find where to place the straps.
Emily: Like this.
Me: Just like that.















Me: Ok all done. How do you like it.
Emily: I like this one better then the first one you made me.
Me: Why is that?
Emily: (getting shy  :oops: ) I got to help make this cute dress.
Lucy: HAY. That's not far.


















Lucy: Emil you said you where going to make me an outfit some time ago. But you have made Emily 3 outfits. What is going on???
Me: .......
Lucy: Well I am waiting !

1 comment:

  1. this is hasumi from the dd forums,
    thanks for linking me to this post~!
    it's very helpful and i really appreciate it ^-^
    (i can't pm on the forum yet > o <)
    thanks again!

    ReplyDelete